FATcomp updates, planned updating activities, new versions and outlook on future development
First Release - 2017
This was the premiere release of FATcomp, the first early access version 0.1.0.
We were still relatively early in development of all the functionality and features that we liked FATcomp to have. However, the software was already providing useful functionality for engineers and businesses, students and schools. We appreciated early feedback on our product. Thus, we decided to put FATcomp out for an early access release. Early access users are supporting and directing the best development of FATcomp.
The features included were:
- A graphical user interface for creating, editing, saving and loading your Fatigue Design Calculation projects
- A "Joint Wizard" - a database with almost 200 different joints - with preloaded values from which you can select the joint that most closely matches your real-life counterpart.
- Functionality for calculating the The Design Criterion.
- Functionality for portable document format (pdf).
- The material primarily studied is steel.
Planned upcoming features 2017/2018
- Every parameter is individually editable (click on the value in the active row and get support in changing the specific value of each parameter).
- (Further upcoming features to be decided)
Collecting information from users and fixing bugs is routine work. Normally there will be a new minor version released every time bugs have been fixed.
Planned new features
Our aim is to release a certain number of new features and functionality soon, such as:
- Possibility of creating your own database with the user's design options.
- Specific data for aluminium and other materials besides steel.
- Allowing photographs and parts of drawings to be documented in the database.
Future Development Outlook
We have a vision in making FATcomp a very complete tool for fatigue structure development, manufacturing and evaluation of the durability. Apart from the design evaluation feature already available, this includes the following major features:
- Load data functionality, e.g. the evaluation of load spectrum.
- Load measurement support.
- Production quality aspects and measurements.